Full Form of PCM in Engineering :
PCM Full Form stands for Pulse Code Modulation which is a unique technique to convert analog signals to digital in digital communication. This is a famous method that is mostly preferred for noise-resistant transmission methods.
PCM will require high transmitter bandwidth for transmission. Pulse code modulation has an significant benefit that the message in PCM is a train of pulses of equal height, means it can be regenerated almost perfectly any number of times along the propagation path because the data is not dependent on the precise height and shape of the pulses. Now, this type of modulation generally used in both the telephone network, public and private.
PCM In Technology Stand For:
PCM full form in technology stands for Phase Change Memory is sort of non – volatile memory (NVRAM) that’s sometimes mentioned as “perfect RAM” because of its superior performance characteristics.
Phase transition Memory is additionally mentioned as PCM and the PCRAM by different groups. It is an innovative type high-speed, high-density, high-volume memory technology.
What Are The Benefits Of Phase Change Memory?
- Faster Write Cycles. It has faster write cycles than NAND flash. NAND Flash requires arranging data first before write new data.
- PCM saves time as it is has Faster Access Time.
- With great endurance, PCM does not require erasing data first.
- Lower Power Consumption than its NAND.
- PCM Is Executable as it is able to execute both codes (Like DRAM) as well as have the ability to store data (like NAND).