NGO Full Form refers to Non Governmental Organization that means it is neither a part of any government or a political party. Basically it is not a conventional profit business that is the why sometimes NGO is also referred to as Non Profit Organisations (NPO’s).
Generally, NGOs are created with the aim to fight social cause, helps in solving problem related to senior citizen, children, poor people and even the environment etc.
The ordinary citizen does establish these types of organization to benefit the society as whole and improve the living standard. Based on community, as per city level, national level or international level that is also dependent on the need and requirement.
The funding for these kinds of organization comes majorly from the donation and membership fees. Many a times the funds are incurred from state or central government as well. NGOs are working on human right issue, education, health, environment related issue.
Government Policy For NGO’s
NGOs fall under various terms and condition of voluntary organizations (VOs). Under these policies NGOs should follow the following:
- They are private and no government intervention is there.
- It doesn’t return profits generated to their owners or directors.
- VOs are self-governing.
- NGOs are registered organizations or informal groups that have pre-defined objectives and aims to uplift the society.
List of Top 5 NGO In India:
- Child Rights and You (CRY): Established in the year 1979 and deals with the various child issues like child labor, Child Marriage, Poverty, Education etc.
- Give Foundation: the year of foundation is 1999 that basically is an online donation platform. It has the main intention to provide resources to credible non-governmental organisations across India.
- GOONJ – A famous NGO since 1999 that takes care of disaster relief, humanitarian aid and community development.
- Help Age India: Working since the year 1960 towards the cause and care of disadvantaged older person and improving their quality of living.
- K. C. Mahindra Education Trust (Nanhi Kali): Founded in 1953 this NGO has the main aim to provide quality education to needy children by giving book, scholarship, loan etc.
Top 5 NGO In International:
- Cure Violence: Main purpose of this NGO to stop spread of violence and conflict between two community in the world.
- Care: The oldest and leading NGO care formed 1945. It is envisioned to improve social justice, Education, medical relief. They also provide agriculture opportunities, health service, sanitation etc.
- Partners In Health: Good health for everyone is the main aim of this organisation.
- BRAC: BRAC operates in 11 country including Bangladesh and with the main moto to uplift poor people by creating various opportunities.
- Mercy Corps: Establishment date is 1971 and since then they are helping those people who are victim of manmade and natural disaster by providing food, medical, dress etc.
Read More :