NCB full form stands for Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) that refers to an apex coordinating and intelligence of India.
With its headquarter in New Delhi, India where they aim to fight drug trafficking and therefore the abuse of illegal substances. This bureau was established in March 1986 under the Section 4 (3) of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substance Act, 1985.
Duties And Responsibilities Of NCB
This NCB coordinate actions of officers, government and similar authorities under the Customs Act, 1962, the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940, etc.
- Under various international conventions, it helps in execution of responsibility regarding counter-measures against illegal traffic.
- To assist the concerned authorities in foreign countries and other international organizations in coordination.
- Also, takes universal action against illicit traffic in narcotics drugs and psychotropic substances.
- NCB manages the actions by various Ministries like Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ministry of Welfare, etc.taken against drug abuse.
Functions Of NCB
The NCB ka full form i.e. Narcotics Control Bureau will performs various functions in accordance with its charter a number of the main functions are given below:
- It also coordinates the actions of varied Central and State Agencies engaged in drug law enforcement.
- Promotes the States in their drug enforcement efforts.
- Collects and distributes the intelligence inputs.
- Analyzes the seizure data.
- Studies the trends and routine.
- Prepares the National Drug Enforcement Statistics.
- They grow relationships with international agencies like INCB, INTERPOL, UNDCP, etc.
NCB full form in Hindi is “नारकोटिक्स कंट्रोल ब्यूरो” होता हैं।.