BCA full form stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications maybe a 3 year undergraduate program in Computer applications. It’s a recognized degree course offered by many universities and institutes present in India.
It’s considered like B.Tech/B.E in computer science. This course helps in providing a sound academic base to students and helps them pursue an advanced career in computer application and information technology.
It’s a perfect course for the students who want to form a career in computer science and related fields.
BCA full form in Hindi बैचलर कंप्यूटर एप्पलीकेशन.
The objectives of this course are:
To gain a sound knowledge in key areas of computer science.
To help building professional competence in developing software.
To expand practical skills to solve the computer application’s problems.
Core Subjects Of BCA
This is a 3 year program and divided in 6 semesters. Following is that the list of core subjects of BCA.
1st Year: Semester – 1
- Business Communication
- Principles of Management
- Programming Principles and Algorithms
- Computer Fundamental and Office Automation
- Business Accounting
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (OA+PPA)
1st Year: Semester – 2
- Organizational Behavior
- Elements of Statistics
- C Programming
- File Structure and Database Concepts
- Cost Accounting
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work ( C.P + DBMS )
2nd Year: Semester – 3
- Numerical Methods
- Data Structure using C
- Software Engineering
- Management Accounting
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work ( D.S + RDBMS )
2nd Year: Semester – 4
- Visual Basic
- Inventory Management (SAD)
- Human Resource Management
- Object Oriented Programming using C++
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work ( VB + C++ )
3rd Year: Semester – 5
- .NET Frameworks
- Internet Programming and Cyber Law
- Principals of Marketing
- Core Java
- Project work ( VB )
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work ( .NET + Core Java )
3rd Year: Semester – 6
- Multimedia Systems
- Introduction to SysPro And Operating Systems
- Advance Java
- Project Work (Banking & Finance, Cost Analysis, Financial Analysis, Payroll, EDP, ERP etc.)
- Computer Laboratory and Practical Work (Multimedia + Advanced Java)
- Minimum Criteria to get Admission in BCA
- You must have completed a minimum of 10+2 from a recognized board. Or a 2 or 3 year diploma after 10th.
- Along with this, some universities conduct entrance test to get admission in this course.
- For better career once you are done with the completion of BCA, it’s preferred to pursue an MCA degree.
After that you can professionally work as a Software developer, Network administrator, database administrator, Web developer Trainer or Teacher etc.