AHRC full form stands for Asian Human Rights Commission that is an independent and non-government organization. It was introduced by a group of jurists and right activists in Asia in the year 1986. This was established with the aim to create market awareness of human rights within the Asian countries.
With it’s headquartered in Hong Kong it helps in the promotion of the civil, economic, political, social and cultural rights. AHRC has a sister organization is Asian Legal Resource Centre ( ALRC ) which holds General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council ( ECOSOC).
Objectives of AHRC
There are various objectives of AHRC that fosters human rights and many more responsibilities like:
- They take appropriate legal actions to promote and defend human rights by evaluation, investigating.
- To work for the social inclusion of discriminated groups of individuals like women, children, minorities and dalits.
- It creates a well-organized information system using modern communication techniques to make fast and appropriate action against human rights violation.
- More awareness about human rights especially through the folk’s school approach.
- Helps in safeguarding the rights of individuals through support and encouraging countries in undertaking legal, judicial and administrative changes.
- Use of peacemaking and conflict resolution techniques to resolve disputes between countries.
- Promotion of human rights through conducting relevant programmer.
- To encourage countries to approve the UN conventions and help they create national right commissions.
- To develop regional human rights mechanisms to promote the values of the Asian Human Rights Charter.
AHRC ka full form is “एशियाई मानवाधिकार आयोग”